Created by LeBron James and Dr. Dre, the gold Powerbeats – Earbuds Engineered for Athletes by Beats feature adjustable/bendable earclips that wrap around the outside of your ears, keeping the earphones from moving or falling out while you exercise.
You also get three different-sized pairs of ear tips to choose from. The tips are made to give you enough noise isolation to keep your music from leaking out, but not so much that you lose awareness of what’s going on around you, which is a particularly important safety feature for runners. The headphones are also sweat resistant and UV protected, making them well suited for indoor or outdoor workouts.
Rather than the typical single driver, each ear of the Powerbeats is equipped with a subwoofer and a midrange tweeter. The purpose of this design is to efficiently reproduce audio across the frequency spectrum.
An integrated control module with a built-in mic lets you make phone calls, take voice notes, skip tracks, and adjust volume levels on the iPhone or other compatible smartphones. You can also use the track and volume-control features when connected to an iPod touch or another compatible MP3 player. To get the full functionality from Powerbeats’ control features, your device must be compatible with Monster’s ControlTalk Universal standard.
- Made for Athletes
- Flexible earclips are designed to secure the Powerbeats earphones in your ears, even during vigorous workouts. Sweat-resistant materials and ear tips of all sizes keep you comfortable.
- Two Speakers per Ear
- Powerbeats earphones come with two speakers inside each bud, a feature designed to provide quality and accurate response at any volume level.
- Passive Sound Isolation
- The ear tips are designed to allow you to maintain awareness of your surroundings without leaking music out to those around you.
- Safety First
- Powerbeats earphones are designed to pump clear bass at any volume while still letting in ambient noise-making sure athletes stay safe while running on the road.
- Remote Control Cord
- An integrated control module with a built-in mic lets you make phone calls, take voice notes, skip tracks, and adjust volume levels on the iPhone. Many other smartphones are compatible, as are certain MP3 players such as the iPod touch. To get the full functionality from Powerbeats’ control features, your device must be compatible with Monster’s ControlTalk Universal standard.
- Indoor/Outdoor Design
- The headphones are sweat-resistant and UV protected, making them ideal for indoor or outdoor workouts.